With Your Support, Think What We Can Do This Year!
Our Annual Appeal is Still Going.
To Donate Online here.
To Send Donations via Mail:
How does The Arts Fund accomplish its mission?
The board of The Arts Fund pursues a wide range of resources available in our Region to support the arts. We have established a collaborative relationship with both the private and public sector within the community. We have also benefited greatly from the generosity and hard work of a rich pool of artists living and working in our towns. The Arts Fund is committed to raising funds through arts performances and events.
What does a donation to The Arts Fund support?
Fourth Grade Arts Day: Every student presently enrolled at HVRHS who lived in Region One when in Fourth grade, has experienced ARTS Day! We are closing in on 3200 participants!
Scholarships: Established in 2000, our scholarship fund has awarded over $59,000.00 in scholarships to 15-20 students per year for summer study in the arts.
Grants: Over $185,000.00 in grants has been awarded to support arts opportunities for students in Region One. Here is a sampling:
- Sharon Scribe, literary magazine
- HVRHS Music Program – jazz band and choral trips to Europe, and Musical Theatre Society
- Falls Village Children’s Theatre
- Democracy in Action Film Project at HVRHS
- Music on the Mountain children’s concerts
- Arts Alive at Kent Center School
- North Canaan Summer Arts Program
- Trips to Broadway and the Opera
- After school arts programs
- Band competitions
- Artist residencies
- The Signature Project with artist Patrick Dunning
The Arts Fund prides itself in its ability and record in raising funds and directly supporting arts opportunities for the students of Region One. Our overhead is minimal because of the commitment of the board and the generosity of our community.